Created: 01/24/2023, 8:00 p.m
From: Michelle Anskeit
“I know a lot of people say that, but I wish we had seen more of Voldemort’s past in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.”
Can you believe Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone hit theaters almost 12 years ago? That ended the film series more than a decade ago. Despite this, there are still many fans who are disappointed with the films. Among other things, because many of her favorite moments from the books are missing in these.
on Reddit has u/Skellington Freak asked which scenes the fans would have liked to see. And wow, I didn’t realize how much was cut out.
1. “There are actually too many to list. If I had to name one, it would be the one in which Peter Pettigrew is strangled by his own metal hand for hesitating to stop Harry and Ron in the Malfoy dungeons.”
2. “When the Weasleys used Floo powder to get into the Dursleys’ house in ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’ and got stuck in the chimney because it was boarded up.”
3. “The part where Snape calls Lily a mudblood. In the movie, you don’t really see how Lily and Snape’s friendship changes and then she falls in love with James.”
You might be interested too
4. “Dumbledore’s funeral.”
“I was really pissed off when they let the scene out. That was one of the best moments of the whole series. It was the point where Harry grows up and realizes that everyone who could protect him is gone now. And that it’s up to him to end all this madness.
Instead we got some wands in the air and some kind of happy ending for Harry, Ron and Hermione.”
5. “I really would have liked to see St. Mungo’s. I think that would have just added a lot more depth to Neville’s character in the films. Also, it would have helped anyone who lacked prior knowledge of the books to better understand its development.”
6. “The fight at the end of ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.’ I’d been looking forward to that scene the whole movie, and then Bellatrix just kind of jumps around and blows up a few things.”
“I was really disappointed.”
7. “The scene where Harry and Dudley say goodbye. ‘I don’t think you’re just taking up space’. That is fine.”
That’s why it’s such a shame that the scene for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 was filmed but never aired:
8. “Nick’s Death Anniversary Party!”
– suffered Ihobbitses
9. “The Quidditch World Cup.”
“I found it really weak that they filmed the entire stadium, crowd and intro, but then didn’t show the actual game. If you don’t show the game, you can use the CGI and the time for something else.”
– Coconut Pete44
10. “Why doesn’t anyone mention the scene with Sirius’ mirror in ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’? That was totally disappointing and also led to a huge plot hole in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.”
11. “I really would have liked to see the Ravenclaw common room, but instead Luna stopped Harry just as he was about to go there. I hated that scene!”
– Chris Dam
12. “I liked the scenes where they learned to Apparate.”
13. “I know a lot of people say that, but I wish we had seen more of Voldemort’s past in ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.’ It would have been especially cool to see his mother Merope and her story.”
What scene can you think of from the books that you missed from the movies? Feel free to share them with us on our Facebook pages BuzzFeed DE and BuzzFeed DE Trending.
And if you want to test your knowledge, take this Harry Potter quiz and prove you’re a true Potterhead.
Editor’s note: BuzzFeed distances itself from any form of discrimination or hate speech. We stand shoulder to shoulder with the LGBTQI+ community and all fans who live in the Harry Potterseries have found a home. BuzzFeed is committed to providing a safe space for fans. If you would like to campaign for trans rights like we do, you can find out more or make a donation here.