Ever since Jang Wonyoung appeared on Mnet’s survival show Produce 48 and then debuted in project girl group IZ*ONE, the young idol has been in the spotlight not only for her talents, but also for her doll visuals and proportions.
Needless to say, Jang Wonyoung is currently one of the most popular K-pop idols among the fourth generation, and his popularity shows no signs of declining anytime soon.
However, due to his tall height of 173cm, Jang Wonyoung’s weight has come under scrutiny from fans and netizens.
While many applaud the idol for having incredible proportions at such a young age, many can’t help but express their concern over the singer’s “steady” weight loss over the years.
On the online community forum Nate Pann, a netizen shared a photo of Jang Wonyoung and her figure a few years ago during her promotions with IZ*ONE, alongside a recent photo of her. as she headed for a program with IVE.
In the previous photo, netizens observed that Jang Wonyoung’s thighs and cheeks were fuller, while her recent photo showed her thighs noticeably slimmer as the gap between her thighs widened and her cheekbones became more prominent.
Along with the two photos, the netizen expressed concern over her continued weight loss and wondered if she had any health issues.
Other netizens agreed and expressed concern for Jang Wonyoung’s health, given that her weight is under 45kg despite being tall. However, many have also defended the idol, stating that she is still beautiful and others are just jealous of her body.
Some netizen comments read:
- “She’s so pretty, but she really looks like a skeleton in real life…”
- “Even if you lose weight to the bone, you won’t have his body. Don’t you think you’re wasting your time worrying about the [corps] of a celebrity? »
- “A person I know personally is an apprentice at Starship [Entertainment], but a member of the apprentice development team said that Jang Wonyoung only ate one cucumber a day until she collapsed after not eating all day. »
- “Leave her alone. »
- “Bullshit if she loses weight, and bullshit when she gains weight. »
- “Wow, in the first picture, she was really pretty back then…”
- ” [Jang Wonyoung] you are quite perfect. Stop losing weight. »